Renthal R3-3 chains are specially developed utilizing Renthal's SRS technology to increase the service life.
The special SRS is pre-loaded during assembly, creating a spring effect. As a chain wears, conventional O-rings and X-rings loosen their seal whereas the SRS has the inherent ability to regulate a constant sealing pressure against the side plates throughout the life of the chain.
This offers increased longevity, as the specially formulated grease remains encapsulated around the critical pin and bushing area longer whilst preventing ingress of dirt, water and other contaminants.
- SRS Technology: Nitrile Self Regulating Seals (SRS) retain a special vacuum-injected grease around the critical pin and bush area, which extends the life of the chain.
- Shot Peened: Shot-peened alloy steel side plates for high tensile strength and maximum impact load resistance.
- High Carbon Steel Pins: High carbon alloy steel bearing pins for excellent prolonged resistance to wear, for both road and off-road riding conditions.
- Special Finish: Special finish: gold colored side plates and copper colored rollers help prevent corrosion.
- Pre Stretched: To help with an easy setup, each R3 chain is pre-stretched meaning adjustments are not required.
- Spec: Available in 520 pitch only, average tensile strength: R3-3 520 - 7420 pounds.
- Perfect Match: Most perfectly matched chain for Renthal Chainwheels (sold separately) allowing maximum power at the rear wheel. This also extends the life of both the chain and chainwheels.
- Notes: The Rivet link has also been changed to a hollow end to facilitate easier installation. Like the R3.2, a split link is still included in the box for easy track side fitment.